Make your own gourmet soup at home with this easy lobster bisque recipe. And, this homemade version is low carb and gluten free!
- 4 lobster tails frozen in shells (or fresh)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil extra virgin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste increase to 2 tablespoons for more tomato flavor
- 2 cups lobster stock
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Boil lobster tails for 6-8 minutes or until shells are bright red. Remove tails to cool and reserve water to use as lobster stock.
- Remove meat from shells then return the shell to water and boil for another 10 minutes. Using fine mesh strainer, strain lobster stock and reserve 2 cups.
- Chop lobster meat into bite sized pieces. Set aside.
- Add olive oil to medium sized sauce pan and heat over medium high heat. Saute onion and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Slowly add the wine, then stir in the Worcestershire, celery salt, thyme, paprika, cayenne pepper, and black pepper.
- Stir in the tomato paste and reserved lobster stock. Simmer about 10 minutes.
- Puree mixture in blender or use a stick blender in the pot until smooth.
- Return mixture to pot, if needed, and add in the heavy cream and butter. Add additional salt if needed.
- Add lobster meat and continue to simmer for another 5-10 minutes.