These Keto Mozzarella Sticks are made with string cheese coated in a crispy, flavorful coating of Parmesan and almond flour and fried to ooey, gooey, cheesy perfection in less than 30 minutes!
- 6 Mozzarella String Cheese Sticks
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Parmesan or Romano (Grated)
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Granulated Garlic
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 Cups Olive Oil (For Frying)
- 1/2 Cup Mezzetta Marinara Sauce (For Dipping)
- At least 1 hour before planning to cook these Keto Mozzarella Sticks, plan to cut the String Cheese Sticks in half, and place them in the freezer. If you do not freeze them, they will completely melt when you fry them, and will not turn out the way you would hope. You can even freeze them over night if you want to make sure they are frozen solid before you proceed.
- In a medium mixing bowl beat two eggs.
- In another medium mixing bowl combine 1/2 Cup Almond Flour, 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese, 1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano, 1 Teaspoon Granulated Garlic, 1/2 Teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt, and 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper.
- Dredge the Cheese in the eggs, then coat in the dry ingredients. Repeat with each cheese stick so that each one is double coated. This helps make sure that there is a nice thick coating on the outside of each one.
- In a Large Frying Pan pour in an adequate amount of oil to halfway cover the Cheese Sticks when you fry them. Depending on the size of your frying pan this amount will vary. Optionally you could use a deep fryer too if you have one available. I like the flavor of Olive Oil, but if you use it for frying you just need to be aware that you will not want to raise the oil temperature above 375*F or so to avoid smoking. A good quality Olive Oil should be able to reach these temperatures without issue. If you prefer another type of oil, feel free to use that instead.
- Fry the Keto Mozzarella Sticks until Golden Brown all around, and remove from the oil and allow to cool off on a Plate lined with Paper Towels to catch the excess oil that will drain off of them.
- Either eat just the way they are, or dip in your favorite dipping sauce such as Mezzetta Marinara Sauce (which is low in carbs and without added sugar)