I think we’ve found a winner in this Simple Keto Cheeseburger Casserole that is something I can whip up quickly any night with ingredients we always have on hand.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tbs Kerrigold salted butter
- 1/2 c almond flour (we use this one)
- 1 tbs dijon mustard
- 7 oz package mozzarella cheese
- 2 c heavy whipping cream
- 4 c cauliflower rice (or nibblets), cooked
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 chopped onion
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sauté the onion over medium heat until soft. Brown the ground beef and remove from pan – retain the grease and add 1 tbs butter until melted. Add back in the onion and the salt and garlic powder and stir. Add almond flower and heavy whipping cream. Stir over low heat until the sauce begins to thicken.
- In a 13×9 baking dish, melt the remaining 1 tbs butter on the bottom (more if you want cuz butter!). Add the cooked cauliflower and spread evenly. Pour half the sauce over the cauliflower and top with 1/2 the bag of cheese (I use a fork to spread it around a bit). Add the ground beef and remaining sauce on top (again fork, spread). Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes with foil over top. Remove the foil and bake another 10 minutes. Let set for 10 minutes before serving.